Hey! We're VDG SALUMI, a small-batch, Alberta Made, salumi (sa-lume-ee) company in Calgary, Alberta. We love making kick-ass cured meat products that are full of real ingredients, using lots of love. This position is responsible for our entire Alberta territory. Please note this role is commission based, and may be extended after 6 months.
Effectively manage the total customer relationship within the Alberta territory while executing the business sales strategy to achieve the agreed upon revenue and volume targets. Work collaboratively with our customers while focusing on maximizing the presence of VDG Salumi at store level in conjunction with our marketing team. Responsible for the in-store execution of assigned priorities including merchandising, promotions and sales.
· Proactively prospects and grows accounts and increases revenue across a range of products within the Alberta territory.
· Works to understand customer needs and provides workable solutions with store partners.
· Understands and strives to achieve VDG Salumi store standards through maximizing distribution, facings, shelf location and incremental displays.
· Sets and documents retail selling objectives for each sales call and measures performance against each objective.
· Plans weekly sales calls / visits in the most efficient manner while maximizing customer relations.
· Builds multi-level working relationships through effective communication to create a high level of interest in VDG Salumi product at store level.
· Provides product training and education to increase store managers and sales staff product knowledge.
· Develops annual promotional plans for accounts that are consistent with the overall Sales objectives and strategies.
· Participates in various trade shows as required, this may include weekend hours.
· Negotiates sales contracts for multi-store accounts.
· Creates and maintains organized retail customer files.
· Works independently within assigned territory.
· Maintains a safe and healthy working environment by following the company’s Health and Safety program.
Qualifications & Experience
· Degree or Diploma in business/sales/marketing.
· 5 + years’ experience in either sales or growing a company
· Previous experience in the pet food industry is an asset.
· Proven record of relationship management and business development.
· Proficient in a Windows environment, Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
· Must have strong organizational and sales & negotiation skills.
· Must hold a valid passport and driver’s license.
· Customer Focus
· Strong Communicator
· Strong Follow through
· Organization / Planning
· Ability to develop strong relationships
· Drive for results, used to commission based roles
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
VDG Salumi is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications and employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Contract, Commission
Salary: $0.00 /hour
At VDG Salumi, we love kick-ass food. Who doesn’t? That’s why we have dedicated ourselves to making only the finest of artisanal meats. What started as homegrown passion project evolved into something that was too good not to be shared, so here we are. All hail the carnivore.