We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Professional Account Management
Help us to innovate in payments – Join now!
Are you entrepreneurial and passionate about the future of technology? Do you have a first successful track record in developing and selling technology-focused solutions to top tier organizations?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash? If you have a strong desire to effect change and be at the forefront of innovation the Market Development Team at MasterCard is eager to hear from you.
We are an entrepreneurial team focused on the fast moving segments in the payment technology area. We develop with our traditional B2B clients as well as with innovators a broad variety of solutions for the marketplace.
Mastercard operates the world’s fastest payment processing network, connecting our partners in more than 210 countries. Over 2BN people use our products every day, everywhere and we want use our technology and expertise to make those safe, simple and smart. That’s has never been more exciting than today.
But there is more. We truly believe that we have to contribute to a sustainable future in everything we do. Our global efforts involve advancing corporate sustainability programs, conducting business in an open and transparent way and promoting environmental stewardship in our business and beyond.
What we look for: Senior Professional Account Management
Your role in 30 seconds:
The Senior Professional Account Management is responsible for the Account Management portfolio with our international partners in the Central European payments industry. The role strongly focused on developing solutions with our clients organizations in the traditional payment as well as in the digital segments. In order to drive the business of our clients, you will support your manager in the reaching his / her P&L goals, by developing business case, driving customer negotiations and execute the envisaged strategies with our clients.
Besides being a self-starter that easily connects with our partners you need to have a technological mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile with our clients to create compelling payment solutions.
Things you do as an Account Manager:
• Build trusted relationships with our international clients! Develop and maintain strong relationships between mastercard and its customers and become the trusted advisors on technological developments
• Build compelling solutions! Develop competitive solutions, drive sales & revenue generation and transport product expertise in highly competitive space
• Drive new flows to mastercard! Driving sales, revenue generation and product expertise in highly competitive space
• Close & Scale! Ensure P&L and tactical targets are reached
• Continuous development and execution of strategic framework for the German market, i.e. Definition of sales targets, Go-To-Market strategy, expanding mastercard’s footprint by winning new customers or by enlarging market share in existing client base
• Develop and maintain strong relationships between mastercard and its customers and become the trusted advisors on technological developments
• Manage complex future service pipeline and customized solutions to the customer, their shareholders and mastercard
• Background in technology / e-/m-Commerce favorable
• Location: Munich, Frankfurt
Things we expect from you:
• Experience in fast paced, technology centric environment including Payments, e-commerce, Retail, Financial Services and/or Consulting
• Curiosity, can-do attitude, agility, creativity and a real team player
• Results-oriented and customer-focused self-starter
• Proven ability to develop sustainable business relationships in diverse environments and track record of successful sales
• Strong communication skills and ability to act in matrix environment
• Ability to understand and execute on key operational aspects, and attentive to details
• Business acumen with the ability to create solutions that meet real customer needs
• Experience in leading & developing a team to achieve high performance
• Track record of relationship management and negotiation skills
• Strategic thinking and outstanding communication skills on all levels
• Fluent English and German, more languages are better
• A strong team player with great interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
• And yes, MBA or bachelor
• You will be based in Germany (Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin) and will need to travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.