We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Director, Account Management
Mastercard is recruiting for a talented individual for a full time role in Account Management in supporting our Global Accounts team, which focuses on the sale and delivery of Mastercard products and services to leading Global Banks.
We are seeking experienced professionals with management consulting, technology sales, banking and/or payments experience that can bring a technical aptitude to strategic problem-solving to address customer challenges and opportunities and drive increase sales for Mastercard.
Our best account managers are motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources.
You will have the opportunity to contribute immediately through meaningful client-facing work in a rewarding, challenging and engaging work environment that emphasizes both team contribution and individual development.
You will also have the opportunity to play an active role in other non-issuer related and non-account management responsibilities.
• This role is responsible for all activity within the selected customer group, driving and executing the strategy for each customer and coordinating all resources.
• The successful candidate will also contribute towards other non-issuer and non-account management functions within Mastercard.
• The successful candidate must be comfortable and experienced at leading meetings with both the customer and Mastercard leadership and must be skilled at cutting through the ‘noise’ to the heart of issues and opportunities.
• Develop strong customer relationships across levels and functions (particularly product, portfolio/usage, fraud, marketing, operations, strategy and information technology) and influence or change customer preference towards Mastercard as a strategic partner and solution provider.
• The successful candidate must be expert in identifying and coordinating indirect resources across Mastercard’s matrix-based organization – critical to the success of this role is ensuring that you can source the support required to deliver to your customer group.
• The successful candidate will be a custodian of the customer P&L and Mastercard expects you to effectively manage your customer business agreements, present the right investment opportunities to grow the short and long term value of the customer relationship and deliver to net revenue objectives.
• With a flat matrix structure, the successful candidate will also engage in addressing some operational activities as required in this role and be the customer contact for all activities. With responsibility for all administrative and operational issues for the target customer set.
• This role will be based in Manila, Philippines and responsible for managing the clients in Philippines and Vietnam markets.
• Preference for candidates with work experience in technology organizations and conversant with cutting edge technology trends that impact the financial payments industry.
• Ability to execute and manage the customer contract agreement process.
• Fluent in both written and spoken local language and English will be advantageous.
• Experience in retail banking, card payments or fintech industries, with good knowledge of electronic payments industry, trends, issuing landscape, economics and value chain (good awareness of digital payments and convergence trends/technologies will be a strong plus).
• The candidate must have experience in Strategic Sales or Client Account Management.
• Sound business judgment with good financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong ability to interact with and influence and build consensus across a variety of internal and external stakeholders and levels of leadership. Strong team player, ability to collaborate with peers and proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness and keenness to learn. Open to different approaches and ideas and open to challenging status quo to drive new business initiatives.
• Superior communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Track record of performance on revenue and share growth.
• Strong impact, influencing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to thrive in an individual contributor role.
Undergraduate degree in business / computer sciences / engineering required; MBA preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.