We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Government Engagement
Job Description Summary
• Leads development of our Government sector opportunities and pipeline, by identifying, pitching and closing bespoke and off-the-shelf solutions for all key government players in the market
• Converts opportunities into revenue generating streams and grows revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets
• Focuses on growing market share, market acceptance, the number of customer touch points, and MasterCard’s regional footprint across all government entities and related entities
• Sets sales strategy aligned with geography and segment / products / services / digital strategy
• Responsible for pipeline management at the vertical level
• Develops the sales pipeline, coordinating with product / market development and account management teams
• Prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners to improve market acceptance across all government players
• Work closely with our Public Policy Agency in order to ensure mastercard plays an influencing role across different government verticals
• Plays a lead role in conversations with key decision makers for new or emerging product opportunities
• Provides input for long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across business lines
• Plays a key role in developing financial modeling and business cases for development opportunities
• Executes and manages the customer contract agreement process and drive opportunities through closure and implementation launch
• Enhances ongoing business development relationships (e.g., government, regulators, agencies / authorities / administrations and industry bodies)
• In-depth experience of executing and managing business development activities and strategies for large or complex countries/regions/industry verticals
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various MasterCard countries/regions/industry verticals
• Comfortable in demonstrating understanding of the government space, as well as the payment and financial services disciplines
• Proven business development and sales acumen in a technology or financial services company or related fields
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.