We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Sales, Cyber Risk Solutions
Technical Services Advisor (Pre-Sales)
As a member of the RiskRecon Technical Services Advisor team, you will be responsible for owning and managing all technical aspects of the pre-sales process for assigned territories. You will work closely with our Sales team to identify sales opportunities and determine an appropriate strategy based on prospect requirements. As a Technical Services Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting sales strategy by leading more complex (technical) product demonstrations, assisting with RFP/RFI responses, and managing proof of concept engagements (POCs) following the defined process with the goal of obtaining or exceeding territory sales quotas.
Your mission is to support sales efforts by providing subject matter expertise related to third-party risk management and, specifically, the role that the RiskRecon solution plays in helping prospective clients create a more efficient and effective third-party risk management program.
RiskRecon is a young, high growth SaaS company focused on enabling organizations to dramatically improve their third-party risk management programs. Our automated solution produces analyst-quality, risk-prioritized action plans that enable efficient prioritization of third-party security risks and constructive collaboration with vendors.
In the past 10 to 15 years the entire IT application and outsourcing landscape have changed for most organizations as they shift from on premises software to the “cloud first” strategies. This transformation means that organizations increasingly rely on third-party vendors to protect and secure their sensitive systems and data. Yet these same organizations still rely on manual, once-a-year security questionnaires to evaluate the quality of each vendor’s security practices.
RiskRecon’s is a well-funded, venture backed company with a growing list of brand name customers in a variety of industries.
• Support sales team by performing complex product demonstrations, responding to technical questions and responding to RFIs/RFPs
• Own all technical interaction with prospective clients
• Own Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements and proactively drive prospect interaction based on established PoC Process
• Provide product training, either online or in person, as needed to support PoC engagements and production client onboarding
• Work with Client Success Advisor team to help ensure successful new client onboarding and solution adoption by managing customer implementation based on established customer onboarding process
• Respond to prospect and customer issues/concerns and coordinate escalation of issues with Operations, Technical support and other internal resources
• Work closely with operations/product support to ensure that issues are resolved and resolution is communicated to appropriate customer contacts
• Consistently communicate with assigned sales team representatives to ensure prospect engagement is in line with desired sales strategy
• Identify opportunities to improve customer-facing tools, documentation, and training materials
Knowledge and Skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter, is passionate about technology and is willing to take the initiative needed to ramp quickly
• Excellent phone/verbal and written skills
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Must have the ability to work independently in an unstructured, high-growth environment where priorities may change quickly based on shifting business needs
• Must be self-motivated and able to determine appropriate, specific activity and tasks based on high-level objectives.
• Demonstrated understanding of IP networking and information security principles
• Background in cybersecurity a plus
• A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of common solution selling principles and implement those principles to build confidence with prospective clients
• Ability to develop strong client relationships. Work involves extensive personal contact and frequent communication with others.
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience in pre-sales support, sales engineering, or technical sales overlay role
• Experience in information technology (IT), information security or third-party vendor risk management
• Prior experience working in a young, high growth company environment
• Experience with Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM systems
• Experience in a startup or technology environment is important, especially in the B2B market.
• Good operational agility, with a strong sense of initiative to make things happen
• Good time and multiple task management, ability to react quickly
• Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• Willingness to learn, positive attitude, open-minded
Travel: Expect up to 20% travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.