We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development, Government, KSA & Bahrain
The Saudi & Bahrain Cluster is engaging Governments to design and launch broad strategic and targeted use-case programs aimed at digitizing the economy and achieving an efficient, transparent and seamless digital payments infrastructure for the economy.
In order to effectively support the Vision 2030 and our various marquee strategic engagements across the KSA & Bahrain market, Mastercard had placed a few years back a dedicated Government BD lead for Saudi, expanded the role to Bahrain as well a year later.
The Government Business Development Lead Role will be responsible for all government relationships with the regulators, government entities, and related entities, across sales and/or solution design, business development, and program oversight. Understanding of Government processes, strong analytical skills, a strategy or BD background, as well as a basic understanding of financial technology and payments solutions is paramount. Strong strategic communications and presentation skills to engage internal and external stakeholders and gain buy-in for execution is key. Ability to work cross functional in a matrix organization and proven delivery proof points have to be clearly showcased.
• Identify, qualify, develop, and close market-wide or use-case based solutions for government clients on both a solicited an unsolicited basis
• In partnership with the local Country Manager, Country BD Lead & local team, and in alignment with the regional GE team, develop a business opportunities pipeline in line with the local market strategy.
• Accountable for the development and monitoring of the account plans and KPIs, as well as the program management of the partnership in all of its stages: Discover, Qualify, Prioritize, Plan, Execute, Codify (for new types of opportunities)
• Support in developing Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Budget Planning exercises for the local market
• Engage the Government Centre of Excellence and other relevant global corporate units to identify or co-design relevant solutions including commercial and non-commercial assets to be deployed as part of the engagement program.
• Participate actively, and lead if needed, in the design of strategic and commercial initiatives for the cluster, focusing on creating sustainable, scalable and repeatable business models.
• Lead generation and management as well as development of a BD pipeline and account plans for key accounts
• Development of pitch decks and customer-centric narratives, solutions and value propositions
• Ongoing monitoring and reporting, in coordination with market and regional units, across country initiatives
• On a regular basis, demand analysis for existing and future Mastercard solutions to be provided to the Government CoE
• Communication to Country Managers, Regional Government Engagement head, and in-country teams on program status, risks & gaps, as well as escalation management.
• Understand the political structure and regulatory landscape of the local market and how it operates, key players and influencers
• Solid understanding of the payment ecosystem and digital economy infrastructure
• Proven business development mindset to drive and build momentum and deliver results
• Well-connected with balanced and conducive relationships in local government sector
• Saudi national preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.