We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Head of Sales, Czech&Slovakia
Head of Sales
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard office in Prague, Czech Republic is looking for a Head of Sales to lead Mastercard sales team and sales activities in the country. The ideal candidate is experienced in leading B2B sales activities in complex environments and organizations, has proven track record of developing and managing execution of sales strategies and significant people management experience. He or she is able to articulate a clear and compelling vision based on very good knowledge of financial services industry and possesses good network within this industry. Passion for developing strong customer relationships, high level of motivation and enterpreneurial mindset are important success factors in this role.
To support success in this role, Mastercard offers a backgroud of innovative technology company, highly experienced local team as well as access to global network of experts and wide spectrum of innovative products and solutions to meet customer needs. Compensation package is aligned with the demanding nature of this role and also includes an array of attractive employee benefits.
In this leadership position, you will:
• Prepare country sales strategy and lead its execution both for Mastercard core business as well as for diverse spectrum of innovative Mastercard services
• Lead Account Management team, develop top talent and ensure high degree of collaboration and alignment within the team as well with other functional teams in the organization
• Deliver against sales and net revenue targets and regularly track performance on the main business KPIs
• Ensure development of clear account plans for all customers, their execution including business development, marketing and product management aspects and regular monitoring of progress
• Develop and manage key customer and partner relationships at the Board of Directors level
• Drive key new customer agreements together with Account Management team from proposal & messaging development, though contract negotiations to ongoing execution
• Regularly review existing key customer partnerships and their progress as well as recommend products to enhance the customers’ profitability and performance
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have advanced experience with leading sales teams in complex cross-functional environments requiring high degree of collaboration
• Possess in depth experience with managing sales strategies and executing them for numerous complex or large customers
• Demonstrate significant knowledge of B2B sales, financial services industry and ownership of strong network within the industry
• Possess track record of successfully leading complex negotiation processes end to end
• Demonstrate thought leadership regarding market and the current trends as well as ability to formulate a clear vision to inspire people across customer organizations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.