We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Business Development
Vice President, Business Development, Indonesia
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Indonesia, the biggest economy in ASEAN, is rapidly adopting digital as a means to grow faster and bring goods and services to the different corners of the archipelago. The Government of Indonesia, central bank and the rising unicorns are enabling the shift to a digitally powered economy, resulting in a thrust to digital payments. Mastercard is hiring Head of Market Development to execute on our digital and partnerships strategy. The ideal candidate is someone who has extensive experience in busienss development activities, intellectually curious, analytical, and adept at leading and motivating a hgh performing team.
• Drive growth in core and services revenues for Indonesia in close collaboration with the country, division and regional teams
• Be responsible for developing Mastercard’s relationships with companies in digital economy and striking mutually beneficial partnership agreements
• Help identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develops employees as organizational resources
• Expand adoption of Mastercard technologies by our customers to enable the network effect to bring benefits to everyone in the network
• Focus on driving monetisation of existing partnerships with companies in Indonesia and executive on identified strategic projects
• Share joint responsibility for delivering on the financial and operational metrics commitment to the regional management
All About You
• Experienced and seasoned team leader with passion to set and achieve ambitious vison/goals with team
• Extensive experience within the payments industry, with a proven track record of success in business to business relationships
• Confident, proactive and ambitious personality; demonstrated persistence in identifying and resolving issues and developing opportunities and solutions
• Strong strategic and communication skills, both internal and external, with a high level of business and financial acumen
• Extremely proficient in the trends, technology, customer requirements of players in digital economy
• Excellent influencing and customer management skills
• Must encourage teamwork, integration & inclusion
• Ideal candidate would have a management degree, been a people manager, and shouldered responsible for one or more business units
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
As a technology company in the global payments business, we operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.