What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Existing CAD business is fully secured at the accounts in the territory and profitable CM1 growth is generated in the short, medium and long term.
The global key account locations within the territory (Axalta, PPG, Sherwin Williams, Sun) are managed and fully supported within the territory in addition to all other direct accounts in the territory. Other important direct accounts include Chromaflo, Dow, Dupont, Elementis, Euclid, Lubrizol, Munzing, Penn Color and Sika.
The authorized distributor in the territory (IMCD Canada & USA) is trained, fully engaged and profitably growing CAD business. The position will serve as the day-to-day sales contact for the distributor relative to supply chain and price support issues and will support Territory Geographic Scope: Northeast USA (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia) and Canada (except for Alberta & British Columbia).
The expansion of the commercial relationship at the accounts in the territory is critical to CAD meeting its accelerated short and medium term growth goals which are two to three times general coatings market growth.
• Analyses potential for business expansion at the accounts in the territory.
• Serves at the Red Cap for IMCD Canada and USA.
• Serves as the North American sales liaison on the Industrial Coatings market segment team.
• Works with the regional/global market segment teams to establish the commercial conditions (pricing, payment terms, bonuses, consignment, discounts, etc.) for the direct accounts in the territory.
• Oversees technical projects at the accounts in coordination with the Applied Research and Technology team.
• Develops and updates the account plans (in accordance with the IMPAX process) in alignment with market segment team strategies for the relevant accounts.
• Identifies key decision makers and expands the breadth and depth of direct account penetration with key stakeholders.
• Sets annual targets for growth and regularly updates forecast in APO-DP.
• Works effectively and communicates collaboratively with CAD cross-functional resources – especially ART, customer service, marketing and supply chain.
Accepts responsibility for his or her personal safety and health. Performs assigned duties in a manner that is safe and protective of the environment and ensures the quality of our products. Follows operating procedures to ensure a safe and environmentally protective workplace. Observes and reports all incidents, quality issues and unsafe conditions. Takes an active interest in improving safety, environmental protection and product quality.
REQUIREMENTS• Bachelor’s Degree in related area (preferably Chemistry, Business or Marketing) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in related area (sales/marketing, customer service or bench Chemistry); or a minimum of 5 years’ experience/training in related area preferred.
At Evonik, there are more than 32,000 of us. In over 100 countries. Every one of us is a specialist in our own field. But there is one thing we all have in common: We think beyond the bounds of chemistry ... to make the world a better place day by day. Today and tomorrow. We are the future of chemistry. We are Evonik.